- 225 g monkfish
- 225 g puff pastry (frozen will do)
- 100 g mozzerella cheese
- 2 tblsp sorrel puree (use spinach if no sorrel is available)
- generous handful of parsley (well chopped)
- poppy seeds
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a little melted butter
- Bone the fish and slice it thinly so that it is about 5mm/quarter inch thickness.
- Roll the pastry out into a thin rectangle. Trim the edges.
- Dice the mozzarella into tiny cubes and mix them with the sorrel or spinach puree.
- Season the puree and the fish.
- Spread the puree over the pastry so that it comes to about 1cm/half inch from the edges. Lay the fish on top and sprinkle the parsley over the fish.
- Roll up very gently from the outside patting the filling down as you turn the pastry over.
- Brush the top with melted butter and sprinkle with a little sea salt and a few poppy seeds.
- Place on an oiled baking tray and place in a preheated oven at 200°F (400°F/ Gas 6) for 30 minutes.