Serve with a scattering of torn basil leaves.
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 clove of garlic (sliced)
- 425 g tin of tomatoes
- 1 tblsp tomato paste
- salt and sugar for seasoning
- 4 tblsp water
- 1 tuna steak
- oil for cooking
- 200 g penne pasta
- handful of black olives and capers
- fresh basil
- For the Sauce:
- Heat oil in pan over a medium temperature.
- Add onion and slivers of garlic to pan and fry until soft.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato juice and a teaspoon of tomato paste to the onion and garlic.
- Add half a cup of water to loosen the sauce and simmer for 15/20 minutes.
- For the Tuna and Pasta:
- Put pasta on to cook as per packet instructions.
- Season tomato sauce with sea salt and sugar and let simmer.
- Slice the tuna lengthways and then cut into good size chunks.
- Season tuna chunks with sea salt and fry on a hot oiled pan until cooked through and add the capers and whole olives.
- Add the tomato sauce to the pan of tuna and mix.
- Serve with a scattering of torn basil leaves.