Top with cold fresh egg custard and finish with some crumbled chocolate flake.
- 400 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 packet of boudoir biscuits
- 100 g fresh cranberries
- 1 pack of frozen mixed berries
- 280 g sugar
- 1 chocolate flake
- cinnamon powder
- 250 ml pouring cream
- 100 ml cooking sherry
- 2 eggs
- 1 vanilla pod
- In mixing bowl, place mascarpone cheese, 100g sugar and cinnamon and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Add 50mls of pouring cream to lighten the mascarpone. Place in a piping bag and set aside.
- Place mixed berries and cranberries in a pot. Add 100g of sugar and cook for 6-8 minutes. Allow to cool.
- To Make the Custard:
- You need: 200mls of the pouring cream, 100mls of the milk, 2 large egg yolks, the vanilla pod and 80g of the sugar.
- Place cream, milk, sugar and vanilla pod in a saucepan. Remember to split the fresh vanilla pod and remove the seeds. Stir together well, bring gently to the boil.
- Remove and cool slightly. Separate eggs and place the yolks in a bowl. Add the warm liquid to the egg yolks, whisk well. Put the mixture into the saucepan, place on a low heat and using a wooden spoon cook gently until the custard thickens. Do not boil. When cooked, cool.
- To assemble, spoon some mixed berry compote in the bottom of your glasses. Dip Boudoir biscuits in the sherry and place on top. Pipe some mascarpone on top of the biscuits. Repeat the process until glasses are almost full.
- Top with the cold fresh egg custard and finish with some crumbled chocolate flake.