Serve with sour cream and fresh chives.
- 1 kg mussels
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 leek
- 100 g sour cream
- white pepper
- 2 l water (or chicken stock)
- Peel and slice onions, leeks and potatoes.
- Beard and wash mussels.
- Heat some oil in a medium saucepan. Sweat onions and leeks for 5 minutes. Add sliced raw potatoes.
- Add 2 litres of water or chicken stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Blend ingredients to a soup.
- Steam the clean mussels in a little water until opened and cooked.
- Remember any mussels that don’t open, please discard. Add some of the cooking juices from the mussels to the soup.
- Remove the mussel meat from the mussel shell, fold into the soup. Season the soup with a little salt and white pepper.
- Pour into soup bowls.
- Serve with sour cream and fresh chives.