A bit more preparation than usual, but worth it.
- 400 g white crab meat
- 4 tblsp parsley or other fresh herb
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 50 ml olive oil
- for the lemon butter sauce:
- 100 g butter (chilled)
- juice of 2 lemons
- 500 ml cream
- pinch of sea salt
- Chop the herbs.
- Add approx 25g of butter to the pan and mix in the fresh herbs.
- Season with sea salt.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat through and take off heat.
- To Prepare the Crab Meat:
- Cook whole crab in boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Dismember crab claws from crab body.
- Gently tap the crab shell until cracked and take out crab meat.
- Use white crab meat only.
- For the Lemon Butter Sauce:
- Pour cream into a pan and whisk softly.
- Bring cream to the boil.
- Whisk in butter straight from the fridge.
- Add a squeeze of lemon and a pinch of sea salt to the cream and butter.
- To Assemble and Cook:
- Fold crab meat into lemon sauce.
- Put crab and lemon sauce mixture into an oven-proof dish.
- Cover the mixture with crumble.
- Place under preheated grill for 6-8 minutes.
Martin's Tip: Use back of a table spoon to scoop out crab meat from claws. Cold butter prevents splitting the sauce.