Serve with tartar sauce for dipping.
- selection of non-oily fish (squid, monkfish, scallops, plaice)
- flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 carrots
- 1 courgette
- 1 red pepper
- handful baby corn
- for the tartar sauce:
- 2 tblsp capers
- 200 ml mayonnaise
- juice of a lemon
- 4 gherkins
- handful of chives
- handful of parsley
- For the Tartar Sauce:
- Chop the capers, gherkins, herbs and add the lemon juice.
- Add this mixture to the 200ml of mayonnaise.
- Mix well.
- For the Vegetables:
- Chop carrots, courgette and red pepper into batons.
- Coat in seasoned flour.
- Place on serving plate until ready to cook.
- Fish Preparation:
- Chop the squid, monkfish, scallops and plaice into chunks.
- Open the oysters.
- Coat fish in seasoned flour.
- To Cook:
- Deep fry the coated fish and vegetables at 170° for a couple of minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with tartar sauce for dipping.
Martin's tip: Remove excess flour by placing coated fish and vegetables in a sieve and shake.