Mash vegetables and add the buttermilk or cream and beat to produce a smooth purée.
- 2 large carrots
- 2 medium parsnips
- 50 g butter
- 3 floz milk or cream
- salt and pepper
- Wash and peel the carrots and parsnips.
- Slice both vegetable types evenly and place in a saucepan.
- Add a pinch of salt and water and boil for approximately 15 minutes or until soft. Drain off the cooking liquid but keep it to make soup the next day.
- Mash the vegetables and add the buttermilk or cream and beat to produce a smooth purée. Season.
- Place in a serving dish and keep hot until required.