If you're on the lookout for a rockin' little dinner dish to serve up to, friends for a quick bite, these beef fajitas are going to blow you away.
- 400 g striploin steak (thinly sliced)
- 4 garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tblsp sunflower oil
- 2 red onions (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 3 peppers (red, green and yellow), sliced into strips
- a small handful of fresh coriander (roughly chopped)
- sea salt
- 8 wholemeal tortilla wraps
- to serve:
- soured cream
- 100 g cheddar cheese (grated)
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, chilli powder, oregano, cumin and black pepper then add the beef and toss until coated. Cover and place in the fridge.
- Heat half the sunflower oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the onion and peppers and fry for 3-4 minutes until caramelised. Set the vegetables aside in a dish.
- Add an extra drizzle of oil to the pan and fry the marinated beef for 3 minutes until cooked but still tender. Make sure the pan is hot before cooking the beef. Add the reserved onions and peppers and the coriander and stir through then season with salt to taste.
- Heat the tortilla wraps in the microwave for 40 seconds and cover with foil to keep warm.
- To assemble, spread a little guacamole on a tortilla, add some steak, peppers and onion and then top with soured cream and cheese.
- You may want to give a quick demo to your guests on how to do it, otherwise it may get messy!
This recipe and many more are available in Donal's book, Kitchen Hero, published by Harper Collins.
More by Donal Skehan:
- Donal Skehan's Creme Brulee Doughnuts
- Butterscotch Pudding: One for the grown ups!
- Treacle Beef Ribs, Cheesy Polenta: Donal Skehan