Serve with Crème Anglaise and brandy cream.
- 70 g breadcrumbs brown or white
- 50 g butter
- 50 g soft brown sugar
- 25 g plain flour
- 1 large egg
- 375 g mixed luxury fruit
- 25 g flaked almonds
- 50 g chopped no soak dried apricots
- 0.5 small cooking apple (grated)
- 0.5 small carrot (grated)
- rind and juice of ½ orange
- rind and juice of ½ lemon
- 0.5 tsp mixed spice
- 150 ml guinness
- Place all prepared fruits, egg, breadcrumbs and flour in a large basin.
- Pour over butter and sugar and Guinness and mix thoroughly. The mixture should be very wet.
- Divide the mixture between 6 greased muffin mould or dariole moulds or ramekin dishes.
- Place a piece of greaseproof paper over each one and wrap in cling film to keep out the steam. Puddings will improve if left for 3-4 days before cooking.
- Place the dishes in a roasting tray and half fill the tray with boiling water.
- Cover the roasting tray with tinfoil and make sure it is well sealed.
- Place tray in a preheated oven and bake/steam for 4 hours at 120° (fan)/Gas1/130° for conventional oven. These can be frozen if desired.
- Serve with Crème Anglaise and brandy cream.