Donal Skehan serves up these bite-sized treats!
- 200 g chocolate (white, milk or dark, depending on your preference, broken into pieces)
- 200 g smooth peanut butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 200 ml golden syrup
- 100 g special k flakes
- 100 g coconut flakes
- Equipment: 20cm (8in) square deep baking dish
- Line the baking dish with parchment paper. Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl, set over a small saucepan of barely simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl does not touch the water,
- and allow to melt gently.
- Melt the peanut butter, sugar and golden syrup together in another saucepan over a gentle heat until runny and smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss the Special K flakes and flaked coconut until combined.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients and, using a wooden spoon, stir until everything is nicely combined. Turn the mixture out into the baking dish and spread out evenly, pressing down with the back of a spoon.
- Pour over the melted chocolate, again spreading evenly and place in the fridge for a few hours until firm. These are very sweet so I cut these into 4cm (1 1/2in) squares.
More by Donal Skehan:
- Sunday Brunch: Fridge Leftovers Frittata
- Donal Skehan's Fish & Chips recipe
- My Perfect Scrambled Eggs