Catherine Fulvio cooks up a delicious chocolate treat
- 390 ml double cream
- 300 ml mascarpone
- 4 tblsp candied orange peel
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
- 85 g caster sugar
- 4 tblsp orange liquer (e.g. orangello)
- for the sauce:
- 100 g dark chocolate, chopped finely
- 3 tblsp double cream
- 2 tblsp orange liquer (e.g. orangello)
- to serve:
- orange segments, mint leaves and icing sugar
- To make the semifreddo:
- Line a 1kg loaf tin (19cm x12xm x 9cm) with plastic wrap.
- Whisk the cream, mascarpone, orange liquer and the sugar to form soft peaks.
- Fold in the candied orange and the chocolate chips. Pour into the loaf tin and smooth the top.
- Freeze for one hour uncovered and then cover with plastic wrap. This can be frozen for up to three weeks.
- For the sauce:
- Gently heat the cream and orange liquer. Then remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate. Serve warm.
- To serve:
- Thaw the semifreddo in the fridge for 1 hour. Then remove from the tin and peel off the wrap. Place on a presentation platter. Drizzle with the orange chocolate sauce. Decorate with orange segments, mint leaves and a dusting of icing sugar. Serve in slices.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Margherita Pizza, Parma Ham & Rocket: Fulvio
- A Day with Catherine Fulvio
- Pavlova: Summer Strawberries, Basil Drizzle