- 900 g pork loin
- 300 g breadcrumbs
- 0.50 medium onion
- 75 g butter
- 2 tblsp selection of mixed herbs (parsley, thyme, rosemary, chives etc)
- 10 dried prunes (chopped roughly)
- 150 g sausage meat
- 8 rashers of bacon
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F/Gas 3)
- To make the stuffing melt the butter, add the onions and sweat the onions without colour for 5-6 minutes. At this stage add the freshly chopped mixed herbs.
- Combine with nice fresh breadcrumbs and the sausage meat.
- Stir in the prunes at this stage also
- Season the mixture and allow to cool completely.
- Butterfly the pork steaks and flatten them out with a rolling pin.
- Spread the stuffing out on top of one of the flattened pork steaks.
- Lay the other flattened pork steak on top of the stuffing.
- Use the 8 rashers to wrap the two pork steaks together-You can use a few cocktail sticks to stop the stuffing escaping during cooking but make sure to remove all the cocktail sticks before you serve.
- Transfer to a flat baking sheet and bake for 1 ¼ -1 ½ hours or until the meat is nice and tender.