- 100 g sun dried black olives
- 100 g ground almonds
- 80 g butter
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- 8 onions
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 80 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 fillets of sea bass (bream, croaker or snapper)
- Pit half of the black olives.
- Process together with the ground almonds, butter and parmesan.
- Sandwich this mixture between two sheets of baking paper and roll out to a thickness of 5mm. Peel and slice the onions and fennel and sauté in the olive oil in a non stick frying pan. Add the rest of the olives and cook for about ten minutes, then season.
- Steam the fish for 5 minutes, remove skin, then cover with the parmesan butter.
- Cook under a hot grill for about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with the onion-fennel stew.