- 6 loin of venison loin (180g each)
- 4 large parsnips (peeled and chopped)
- 200 ml milk
- 100 g butter
- 18 baby carrots (peeled)
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 500 ml venison stock
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 2 tblsp brandy
- First make the parsnip puree by putting the parsnips in a pot with the milk and butter, and seasoning. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the parsnips are soft. Then place everything in a food processor and blend until it has a smooth consistency. Set aside in a warm place.
- Cook the carrot in the chicken stock until they are tender and still have a bit. Drain and keep warm until service.
- To make the sauce, place the venison stock in a small pot and reduce until it has reduced by about two thirds and has a sauce consistency. Add the pepper and brandy, strain and set aside until service.
- Season the venison in an ovenproof hot pan and seal on all sides. Transfer to a hot oven 180°C, for about 5 minutes (this is for medium rare, leave a little longer for medium or well done) Remove the meat from the oven and leave to rest for about 3-4 minutes.
- To serve, put some parsnip puree on a hot plate, slice the venison loin and place on top and drizzle with a little sauce. Garnish with the carrots.