- 200 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 200 g good quality sausage meat
- 1 small chopped onion
- 50 g chopped chestnuts, pine nuts or chopped nuts
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 golden delicious apple (cored and chopped)
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 50 g butter (melted)
- Melt the butter and fry off the onions until soft.
- Pour the onions into a bowl and add all the other ingredients.
- Knead well to thoroughly mix.
- Place a disc of parchment paper on the base of a 7-inch round cake tin and press the stuffing mixture into the tin and cover with tinfoil.
- Bake at 180°C (375°F/Gas 5) for 15 minutes, then remove cover and bake for a further 15 minutes until cooked through and golden on top.
- Serve in slices to accompany turkey.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say