A light dessert from Marty Morrissey.
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 1 l water
- 500 g sugar
- 2 tblsp chopped mint
- 2 limes (juice only)
- for the sorbet:
- 750 ml champagne
- 300 g granulated sugar
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- In pot over a medium heat, bring the champagne and sugar to a simmer. Reduce the heat and simmer the champagne for about 8-10 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and cool the mixture to room temperature. Stir in the lemon juice stir and pour into an ice cream machine and churn until frozen.
- Next make a stock syrup for the marinade. Put the water and sugar in a pot over a medium heat and reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the sugar has dissolved completely. Remove for the heat and leave to cool. Then add the chopped mint and the limejuice.
- Peel and slice the pineapple very thinly (you could do this on a mandolin if you have one) Place the slices carefully into the lime and min marinade for at least one hour.
- To serve drape the pineapple on a chilled plate with a scoop of the Champagne sorbet in the middle and garnish with some mint and lime zest.
More by Marty Morrissey:
- Roast Canon of Venison with a Natural Jus and Roast Root Vegetables
- Warm Duck Salad with Orange, Pear & Walnut Vinaigrette
- Celeriac Soup with Curry Crème Fraiche