Marty Morrissey serves up this delicious soup!
- 1 head of celeriac
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- sprig of thyme
- 4 rooster potato
- 1.5 l vegetable stock
- 100 ml double cream
- 200 g crème fraiche
- 1 tsp curry powder
- juice of one lime
- olive oil
- Peel and dice the onion and garlic, and sweat in a pan to soften. Peel and roughly chop the celeriac, and add to the pan along with a sprig of thyme. Meanwhile peel the potatoes, chop into cubes and add to the pot, cover everything with the vegetable stock and simmer for one hour.
- When the vegetables are tender, remove the thyme and blend the soup (for a smoother soup, pass through a sieve after blending) Pour the soup back in a pot and bring to the boil, add the cream and season to taste.
- Next stir the curry powder and the limejuice and into the crème fraiche and season to taste. Pour the soup into a hot bowl and swirl the crème fraiche on top.
More by Marty Morrissey:
- Roast Canon of Venison with a Natural Jus and Roast Root Vegetables
- Warm Duck Salad with Orange, Pear & Walnut Vinaigrette
- Hot Chocolate Fondant with Pistachio Ice Cream