Serve with crusty bread.
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 stalks celery (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 400 g can diced tomatoes
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 125 ml white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch of sugar
- 300 g white fish fillets (diced roughly)
- 100 g salmon (diced roughly)
- 12 raw prawns (peeled and de-veined)
- 12 mussels
- 1 tblsp chopped chives
- 2 tblsp chopped parsley
- zest of 1 lemon
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based saucepan. Add the onions, celery and garlic. Sauté until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, stock, wine and bay leaf. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the white fish and salmon and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, scrub the mussels and remove the beards.
- Add the prawns and mussels.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Spoon into a bowl and sprinkle over some parsley and lemon zest. Serve with crusty bread.
Catherine's tip: Replace prawns and mussels with 100g more white fish to save on cost.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Brussels Sprouts With Butter (or Cannellini) Beans
- Christmas Bombe with Cranberry and Cointreau Sauce
- Veggie Christmas: Butternut Squash, Sage Risotto