Chef Oliver Dunne shows people that you can cook a nutritious meal for under €10.
- 1 lb minced beef (rolled into balls)
- red peppers (deseeded)
- 2 yellow peppers (de-seeded)
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 red chillies (de-seeded & chopped)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 tblsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tblsp paprika
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 tblsp flour
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 100 g chorizo
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2-3 spring onions
- 2 tblsp flat parsley
- 800 g new pots
- 0.25 lemon (juiced)
- Heat up a large pan and add a splash of oil, fry off the meatballs until golden brown.
- When browed remove from the pan & strain off the majority of the fat leaving a little to cook the chopped peppers, onions, garlic, chillies, thyme leaves & chorizo which has been cut into 5mm slices.
- Sweat all this for 10mins approx without allowing any colour.
- Add the paprika, chilli powder & the flour and continue to cook for a further 1-2mins.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, chicken stock & meatballs and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for around 15-20mins, at this stage the sauce should be thick like gravy.
- To finish squeeze in the lemon juice & adjust the seasoning to taste. Top with the spring onions that have been finely sliced & the freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve with boiled new potatoes or rice.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote
- Pan Fried Plaice with Peas, Horseradish and Smoked Bacon
- Apple Tart Fine with Chantilly Cream and Butterscotch