Great with turkey.
- 250 g cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 75 g sugar
- 100 ml water
- 2 tblsp orangello (or orange liqueur)
- 0.25 tsp ground ginger
- Place the cranberries in a pan with the water and Orangello.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and gently simmer for 10 minutes for fresh, slightly less for frozen, or until the skins just start to pop.
- Add the sugar and ground ginger.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil, lower the heat.
- Simmer uncovered for 3-4 minutes, until thickened.
- Leave to cool and place in the fridge.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Today: Catherine's Cider Chicken Casserole
- Mediterranean Monkfish with Pesto Trapanese
- Ballyknocken Daube of Wicklow Beef: Fulvio