- 12 medium potatoes (peeled)
- 5 tblsp butter, melted
- 0.5 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 8 bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Pour some oil into the roasting pan and preheat in the oven.
- Slice thinly across and almost through the potatoes.
- Combine the butter, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Spoon a little on each potato, rubbing into the slices.
- Place in a roasting pan and roast cut side down for 30 minutes to crisp the potatoes.
- Then turn and slide the bay leaf into the centre of each potato and continue to roast for another 15 minutes or until cooked through and crispy on the outside.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Today: Catherine's Cider Chicken Casserole
- Mediterranean Monkfish with Pesto Trapanese
- Ballyknocken Daube of Wicklow Beef: Fulvio