Season with salt and pepper.
- 8 tblsp extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 300 g brussels sprouts (trimmed, cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 1 can butter beans (drained)
- 2 tblsp butter
- 45 g coarsely grated parmesan
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in frying pan. When it is just starting to smoke, add half of the Brussels Sprouts. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until brown, stirring occasionally - about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large saucepan. Heat 3 more tablespoons of oil in same frying pan. Repeat the cooking process with the remaining Brussels Sprouts and when ready, transfer the Brussels Sprouts to same saucepan.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil to frying pan. Increase the heat to high. Add the garlic and sauté until golden, stirring constantly - about 1 minute.
- Add to the Brussels Sprouts. Pour in the chicken stock and cook until the Brussels Sprouts are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Add the butter beans and butter. Stir until butter melts, the beans are heated through fully and the stock is reduced to a glaze. This should take about 1 minute.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- A Day with Catherine Fulvio
- Pavlova: Summer Strawberries, Basil Drizzle
- Catherine Fulvio's Courgette, Feta and Chive Tart