A spicy treat that's perfect for parties.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 dsp curry powder
- 0.5 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tblsp oil
- 2 medium sized onions (diced)
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 8 mushrooms (sliced thinly)
- 4 cloves garlic (diced)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 300 ml chicken stock
- Place the chicken thighs into a large bowl with the oil, curry powder and chilli flakes. Mix well and leave to marinade for approximately 30 minutes.
- Heat a large pan with a little oil and sauté the chicken thighs on both sides until golden brown and then transfer to a casserole dish.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the diced onions, carrots, garlic and mushrooms and cook gently for a couple of minutes before adding in the chopped tomatoes and the chicken stock. Season lightly if required.
- Allow the entire sauce mixture to come to the boil and then pour that in on top of the chicken thighs and cover with a tightly fitting lid or a layer of tin foil.
- Cook in the oven for 1 hour and then remove the lid or the tin foil and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the garlic roasted potatoes.
Kevin's tips: Use pork chops in this recipe instead of the chicken for a different dish. When frying the vegetables stir constantly so as to ensure they soak up all the curried flavours from the sediment on the pan. This dish can be assembled in advance, refrigerated and baked when required, (Just ensure that you allow the sauce and the chicken to cool down separately before mixing them together to prevent contamination.)
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon
- Indulgent Eggnog: What it is & how to make it!
- Kevin Dundon's Christmas Turkey: Today Show