- 220 g salmon per portion
- per person you also need:
- 0.50 a leek
- four cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 3 caperberries
- blood oranges, fennel salad and baby spinach:
- 2 blood oranges segmented
- juice of one orange
- baby spinach
- 1 bulb of fennel shaved with a mandolin or slice finely with a sharp knife
- Place the salmon skin side down on a hot pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the salmon over and cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and set aside momentarily. Having shredded the leeks length ways add to the pan with a splash of white wine and a knob of butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the leeks on a warm plate. Place the salmon on top of the leeks. Top with tomatoes on the vine that have been warmed in the oven for 4 -5 minutes on a moderate heat.
- Sprinkle the plate with pomegranate seeds and garnish with cress.
- Blood Oranges, Fennel salad and Baby Spinach:
- Toss the oranges, fennel and baby spinach with the juice of 1 orange and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a tablespoon of chopped chives.
- Serve with the salmon and enjoy!
Anita's tip: For a really professional finish when shredding or slicing, invest in a mandolin. They come with a range of attachments that give different sizes and shapes when preparing vegetables and salads. Very easy to use.