- 12 medium potatoes (peeled)
- 5 tblsp butter, melted
- 0.50 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 8 bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Pour some oil into the roasting pan and preheat in the oven.
- Slice thinly across and almost through the potatoes.
- Combine the butter, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Spoon a little on each potato, rubbing into the slices.
- Place in a roasting pan and roast cut side down for 30 minutes to crisp the potatoes.
- Then turn and slide the bay leaf into the centre of each potato and continue to roast for another 15 minutes or until cooked through and crispy on the outside.