- 2 skinned & boned haddock fillets
- 200 g couscous
- olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 packet of taco mix or if you like a mixture of these 4 spices(coriander seeds, cumin seeds, paprika, chili flakes) crushed in a pestle and mortar with some salt & pepper)
- 4 tblsp plain flour
- crème fraiche
- To prepare 200g of couscous, drizzle with olive oil and mix.
- Chop the courgette small and sauté with the onion for about 4 minutes.
- Add to the couscous and cover with vegetable stock, stir and cover bowl with cling film. Leave to stand for 4 minutes. You can leave the couscous go cold and serve as a salad too of course but I’m serving it hot here.
- Skin the fish and cut about 4 nice portions splitting the tail piece. Add the Taco mix to the flour. Use as you would your normal seasoned flour before frying your fish.
- If you decide to make your own spice mix then grind the coriander seeds, chili flakes, paprika and cumin into a powder.
- Mix this powder with some plain flour- about a 50/50 mix-and coat your fish in this before frying in a hot oiled pan until golden brown on both sides.
- To serve, place the couscous on the plate with the fish on top finished with Crème Fraiche.
- A great family dish.