- 6 (160g each) turbot fillets
- 6 large potatoes
- 4 tblsp milk
- 150 g butter
- 1 savoy cabbage
- 0.50 tsp salt
- 1 tblsp water
- 1 lemon
- for the truffle dressing:
- 100 ml truffle oil
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 75 ml truffle vinegar
- 1 fresh truffle (finely diced)
- To make the colcannon, pierce the skin of the potatoes and bake in the hot oven at 180ºC, for about one hour or until they are soft on the inside. Then peel and scoop the flesh into a pot and mash until smooth with the milk and butter.
- Next slice the cabbage and cook in salted water until its tender, strain and stir into the baked potato and season to taste and set aside.
- To make the dressing whisk the truffle oil, olive oil and truffle vinegar until it emulsifies. Then stir in the fresh truffle and leave to infuse.
- For the fish, season the turbot fillet and place in an ovenproof pan and bake in a hot oven, 180ºC for 4 minutes. Squeeze some lemon juice over the cooked fillets.
- To serve, place colcannon in the centre of the plate, lay the turbot on top and drizzle with the truffle dressing.