A hearty noodle dish with chicken and prawns.
- 300 g prawns (devein)
- 200 g chicken-sliced thinly season fish sauce and corn flour
- 500 g vermicelli noodles (soaked in luke warm water ½ hr drain, without breaking apart)
- 2 tsp corn flour (mix with 2 tbsp water)
- 200 g chinese mushrooms (soaked in hot water & sliced into matchsticks)
- 200 g fresh bamboo shoots (sliced into matchsticks)
- 2 root coriander root (blend fine)
- 100 g carrots (sliced into matchsticks)
- 100 g red pepper (sliced into matchsticks)
- 100 g mange touts or sugar snaps (cut top and tail off & slice into matchsticks)
- 100 g choy sum (break into 6cm)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup water
- oil (for cooking)
- 2 stalk spring onion (for garnish)
- 2 stalk coriander leaves (for garnish)
- fish sauce (to taste)
- oyster sauce (to taste)
- few dash sesame oil (for garnish)
- 3-4 wedge lime (for garnish)
- chilli sauce (to serve in a separate small bowl)
- 4 chillis (two hot & two mild, cut to serve with soya sauce)
- Add some oil to the wok, turn heat high then add vermicelli noodles, stir till heat goes through. Put aside.
- Using the same wok, add the oil, fry garlic and coriander root first, then mushrooms, chicken, prawns, bamboo shoots, carrots, red pepper, mange touts, choy sum stirring on a medium heat.
- After add the fish sauce, oyster sauce, water, and then the noodles until the ingredients are all mixed together evenly and the heat comes through.
- Place on a dish then garnish with the coriander leaves, spring onion, and drizzle sesame oil. Place the lime wedges around the platter to add colour. Place the cut chillies and chilli sauce next to the platter.
Nancy's tip: This dish can be cooked for people who are not able to eat wheat. Vermicelli is made with rice.