How amazing do these look? Treat yourself, or someone else, this Valentine's Day
- 500 g good quality dark chocolate 50-70%
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 1 can condensed milk
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- Line an 8” cake tin with baking parchment
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a large saucepan with the unsalte4d butter and condensed milk
- Heat gently and stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and beat with a whisk or electric mixer until the mixture thickens.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and level the top. 6 Chill the mixture in the fridge until it is firm
- Turn the fudge out onto a chopping board and cut out pieces using a heart shaped cutter. At this stage place lollipop sticks into mixture.
- Dip the fudge into melted chocolate and allow the chocolate to set.
Louise's tips: Don’t use milk chocolate as the fudge will not set properly and will become sticky. Store the fudge in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to one month. For chocolate peanut fudge, replace 50g of unsalted butter with crunchy peanut butter and add 50g of unsalted peanuts to the mixture.
More by Louise Lennox:
- Saturday Brunch: American Style Pancakes
- Hot Cross Buns time
- Something for the weekend: Irish Breakfast Scones