Rice krispie buns with a difference!
- 400 g rice krispies
- 200 g chocolate (choose a milk for kids or dark for adults)
- 100 g popping candy
- I try to use a slightly different mould to shape these buns but of course it’s fine to put them into bun cases as you normally would. If you can find a rubber mould they work really well.
- Place them into the fridge for just a few minutes to let the chocolate set before removing from the mould.
- Begin by melting the chocolate. It is best to do this in a bowl over some simmering water. Try to avoid the micro wave; they can over heat the chocolate causing it to crystallize.
- Once the chocolate is completely melted allow if to cool for a few moments before adding the krispies.
- Mix this well and again allow it sit for a moment or so , be sure that all the chocolate has been absorbed by the krispies as too much liquid will set the popping candy off.
- Now add the popping candy, mixing gently. Place the mix into the moulds and allow to set before serving.
More by Richie Wilson:
- Barbequed Leg Of Lamb with Rosemary Marinade and Granny's Potatoes with Summer Salad
- Burger and Chips
- Hot Chocolate Fondant - Lemon And White Chocolate Mini Eggs In Orange Caramel Sauce