This seems a little dull, but was really nice to eat.
- good splash of olive oil
- 2 bunches of spring onions (finely chopped)
- 2tsp of nigella seeds
- 3 cloves of garlic (peeled and sliced)
- 300 g jasmine rice
- 600 ml boiled water with a stock cube
- bunch of coriander (roughly chopped)
- Heat up the olive oil in a heavy based saucepan and sweat the spring onions along with the nigella seeds and garlic.
- Rinse the rice well in a sieve and then add to the saucepan and cook for a few minutes to heat through and to also coat the rice in the oil and flavours. Add the hot stock and bring up to the boil.
- Stir occasionally and then keep a lid on it and turn the heat down low. Mine cooked in about 15 or so minutes. But keep an eye on it, give it the occasional stir and then check the seasoning.
- This also re-heats very well if you add a bit of water and maybe a splash more olive oil
More by Domini Kemp:
- Asian Lamb Stir-Fry: Domini Kemp
- Blackberry Pancakes: The Ketogenic Kitchen
- Rhubarb Clafoutis: Domini Kemp, Today show