Quick, easy and special!
- 8 eggs
- 2 tblsp chives (chopped)
- 1 tblsp basil (chopped)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 50 g cream cheese (diced)
- 75 g smoked salmon (thinly sliced and chopped)
- red onion slices to garnish
- salad leaves and bread to serve
- Set the grill to high.
- To cook, whisk the eggs with the chives, basil and seasoning. Heat a non-stick pan with the olive oil. Pour in the egg mixture, stir for a moment or two, allowing the liquid egg to flow on to the base of the pan.
- Scatter on the cream cheese and continue cooking until the egg is almost set but still moist on top, add the smoked salmon pieces, press on salmon lightly.
- Place the pan under the hot grill to finish cooking 1-2 minutes. Cool 5 minutes, and then loosen edge with spatula and slide onto a large plate. Cut into wedges and serve warm with salad leaves and crusty bread. Garnish with red onion slices.