Steam some potatoes and serve with the chicken and onion stew and a lovely generous spoon of garlic mayonnaise.
- 1 free range chicken
- 2 carrots (washed, peeled and roughly chopped)
- 3-4 onions (peeled, halved and roughly chopped)
- 2 leeks (washed and chopped)
- 4 free range egg yolks
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced or grated0
- 1 heaped teaspoon of mustard powder
- 400 ml rapeseed oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- Half fill a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Remove the wishbone and chop the chicken up into legs, thighs and breast and add to the boiling water.
- Add the carrots and onion to the chicken and bring back up to simmer.
- Replace the lid and allow simmer for a further 20 minutes
- For the Garlic Mayonnaise:
- Whisk together everything except the oil and garlic.
- Slowly whisk in the oil a little at a time, until you have a thick emulsion.
- Towards the end of cooking add the leeks and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes, leave the lid off.
- To Serve:
- Steam some potatoes and serve with the chicken and onion stew and a lovely generous spoon of garlic mayonnaise.
More by Richard Corrigan:
- Butter Poached Smoked Haddock with a German Potato Salad
- Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Rump Burger with Foccacia Bread and Chunky Chips