A wonderful side dish of fried potatoes served with chutney and yoghurt.
- large boiled potatoes
- 1 tsp salt or as per taste
- 2 tblsp clarified butter
- for the stuffing:
- 2 tblsp oil
- 120 g green peas cooked or frozen peas defrosted
- 20 g chopped raisins (golden)
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- red chili powder to taste (optional)
- 1 tsp coarsely ground dry-roasted cumin seeds
- clarified butter for pan-frying.
- yoghurt for serving
- 1/2 tbsp scrapped and minced ginger
- Peel the potatoes and grate them very finely. Add salt and clarified butter and knead until properly mixed.
- Divide it into 12 equal portions.
- For the stuffing heat the pan add oil add ginger and green chilly sauté for 1 or 2 min.
- Add green peas and raisins mix all the spices and check seasoning.
- Taking one at a time, gently flatten each ball into a round patty of about 1/2-inch thick and place a portion of stuffing in the center and fold the edges together very finely so that mixture does not come out.
- Now very gently flatten it into a 2-inch patty. Repeat the procedure for all pieces.
- Heat 1 tsp. clarified butter in a non-stick pan over a low heat. Slip in the patties, not too many at a time, and pan-fry on both sides till crisp golden brown, adding clarified butter if required, on a very low heat.
- Serve aloo tikki hot with chutney and stirred curd.