An easy fish dish from Martin Shanahan.
- i large fillet of salmon (skinned and boned)
- 1 large turkey bag
- 2 carrots
- 1 parsnips
- 4 large potatoes (thinly sliced)
- 0.5 turnip
- olive oil
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- for the hollandaise:
- tablespoon of water
- tablespoon of white vinegar
- 3 egg yolks
- butter, melted
- sea salt
- lemon juice
- Slice the potatoes and leave skins on. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme. Place in the turkey bag which should be on a baking tray.
- The potatoes will need to be thick enough to cook through in 20 minutes, so slice them to about 1cm in width. Place the Salmon on top of the potatoes.
- Heat pan and chop carrots, parsnip and slices of red onion into good sized chunks and add to pan. Add sea salt then add slices of lemon and some thyme.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until a bit of colour appears on the veg then place into the bag with fillet of salmon and potatoes and tie tightly.
- Put in the hot oven for 20-25 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon and the vegetables.
- For the Hollandaise:
- Set a pan of water to a low heat with a bowl placed on top. To the bowl add a drop of water and vinegar. Whisk in 3 egg yolks by hand until the mix is of a creamy consistency, about twice the thickness that you started with.
- Now add the melted butter to the mixture all the time whisking, using an electric whisk if possible. Then finish with a sprinkle of sea salt and lemon juice. Whisk again to finish.
- To Serve:
- Bring the bag to the table and open with a scissors and allow people to serve themselves.