- 500 ml cream
- 500 ml milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 180 g pearl rice
- 80 g caster sugar
- 270 g egg yolk
- Firstly cover the rice in cold water and leave for 5 mins to remove any excess starch off the outside of the grains.
- Strain, rinse and strain again.
- Put the cream, milk & the scrapped vanilla pod into a pot.
- Add the rice and bring to the boil then simmer until half cooked. Whisk the egg yolk & sugar together in a separate bowl and pour over the cream mixture.
- Return everything back into the pot & continue to cook over a low heat, continuously moving until it thickens and the rice is finally cooked.
- Serve with diced seasonal fruit.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say