- 175 g soft unsalted butter
- 200 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 400 g plain flour
- 1 tsp dr.oetker baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 300 g icing sugar
- dr.oetker food colourings
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and then gradually beat in the eggs and the vanilla.
- In another bowl combine the dry ingredients and add to the beaten egg mixture to create a soft dough. Leave to rest for 1 hour.
- Roll out and cut into rectangles and bake on lined trays for 8-12 minute.
- When cooled, mix icing sugar with a few tbsp of warm water and colourings and spread on the biscuits to create the Irish flag.
Recipes are courtesy of the Dr. Oetker Baking range, available in all good stores nationwide. Check out www.oetker.ie for more delicious recipes.