- chopped up remaining lamb from your roast
- 8 oz panne pasta cooked (strained and kept warm)
- 1/2 tin chick peas
- 1/2 courgette (diced)
- 1 onion
- remaining herbs from the roast
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- Sauté the onion without colour and add the chopped tomatoes then the herbs and cook slowly for 30 minutes, set aside.
- Now sauté the chick peas and courgette without colour, add the lamb and season then add the tomato sauce.
- Mix slowly and add a little of the remaining cooking liquor from the roast if needed.
- Spoon the pasta into serving bowls and top with the ragout.
- Alternatively you can add the pasta to the pan and toss all the ingredients together before serving.
Gary's tip: Replace pasta with cous cous or whole wheat penne for a healthier option.