- 500 g good quality dark chocolate 50-70%
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 1 can condensed milk
- 0.50 tsp vanilla extract
- Line an 8” cake tin with baking parchment
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a large saucepan with the unsalte4d butter and condensed milk
- Heat gently and stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract and beat with a whisk or electric mixer until the mixture thickens.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and level the top. 6 Chill the mixture in the fridge until it is firm
- Turn the fudge out onto a chopping board and cut out pieces using a heart shaped cutter. At this stage place lollipop sticks into mixture.
- Dip the fudge into melted chocolate and allow the chocolate to set.
Louise's tips: Don’t use milk chocolate as the fudge will not set properly and will become sticky. Store the fudge in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to one month. For chocolate peanut fudge, replace 50g of unsalted butter with crunchy peanut butter and add 50g of unsalted peanuts to the mixture.