A tasty meal!
- 2 lamb racks
- 4 large carrots
- bunch of spring onions
- head of kale
- 1 kg new season potatoes
- 100 ml cream
- 100 g butter
- 1 tblsp chopped rosemary
- 100 ml lamb stock/gravy
- 1 tsp honey
- Cut each lamb rack into 4 cutlets, season and cook in a hot frying pan for 3-4 minutes either side until medium.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water, when cooked mash lightly leaving a few lumps.
- Quickly sauté the chopped spring onions in some butter and add to the potatoes, followed by the Kale add the remaining butter and cream and keep warm until serving.
- For the carrots, peel and cut each carrot in half length ways. In a hot frying pan add a little oil and lightly brown the carrots, drizzle over the honey then transfer to a hot oven on 200°C until cooked through.
- When cooked remove them from the oven and add 1tbls of butter to glaze the carrots.
- To serve spoon the colcannon into the centre of each plate, rest the cutlets on the colcannon and two of the halved carrots.
- Finish with the lamb sauce infused with the rosemary.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote
- Pan Fried Plaice with Peas, Horseradish and Smoked Bacon
- Apple Tart Fine with Chantilly Cream and Butterscotch