A tasty and nutritious meal.
- 350 g penne pasta
- 1 red onion
- 2 tin chopped tomatoes
- 50 ml pouring cream
- 1 dsp freshly chopped mixed herbs
- 1 ½ mixed peppers (sliced)
- 6 mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 0.5 head brocolli
- 1 tblsp chopped parsley
- 110 g breadcrumbs
- 50 g grated cheese
- Place the penne pasta into a large pot of boiling salted water and bring to the boil.
- Thinly slice all of the vegetables into thin strips, chop the garlic into small pieces.
- Heat a large saucepan with a little oil or butter and add the garlic. Cook slowly for 4-5 minutes until it is gently cooked. Next add in the sliced red onion, mixed peppers and broccoli together with the sliced mushrooms (basically you can use any vegetables with this recipe so just play around with what you have)
- Cook the vegetables until they have all softened down-this will possibly take a further 5 minutes. Next add in the tin of chopped tomatoes (i normally wash out the tin with a little extra water and add this to the dish just to make sure that you get all of the goodness of the tomatoes into the dish and also it will make a delicious sauce.)
- And the pouring cream and allow the entire mixture to come to the boil. Add in the chopped mixed herbs and the pasta in the hot sauce. Correct the seasoning and serve immediately and pour it into a large casserole dish
- For the topping:
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spread on top of the pasta and bake in a hot oven 180°C (350°F/Gas 4) for 15-20 minutes until bubbling.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Saturday Brunch: Crêpes Suzette with Strawberries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just Add Milk!
- Strawberry and Banana Iced Lolly Pops