A creamy risotto from Oliver Dunne.
- 250 g arborio rice
- 500 ml chicken/vegetable stock
- 0.5 small onion (diced very small)
- 1 garlic clove
- olive oil
- 2 crunchy red apples
- 100 g gorgonzola
- 100 g goats cheese
- 25 g grated parmesan
- 1 tblsp butter
- 2 tblsp cream
- 1 tblsp picked marjoram leaves
- 50 g walnuts
- 10 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Bake the walnuts in a frying pan in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 4 minutes to release the natural oil within the nuts. When hot remove the pan from the oven and dust with the icing sugar tossing them around constantly until they are evenly coated, the icing sugar should melt and caramelise around the nuts. Continue to toss and add the balsamic, then pour onto a tray and leave until serving.
- Cook the shallot and broken garlic clove in olive oil over a low heat with a little salt ensuring it doesn’t colour. When soft add the rice and continue to fry for 1 minute before adding some of the heated stock. Gradually add the stock in stages stirring occasionally until the rice is just cooked and has a creamy texture.
- Beat in the cream, butter and parmesan then add the diced gorgonzola, goats cheese and apple and leave to sit for one minute to allow the cheese to melt. Just before serving adjust the consistency with a little more stock if required and season. Top with some caramelised walnuts and the picked marjoram leaves.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote
- Pan Fried Plaice with Peas, Horseradish and Smoked Bacon
- Apple Tart Fine with Chantilly Cream and Butterscotch