Why not try this fabulous fish dish from Sarah Newman on The Restaurant?
- 4 (160g each) cod fillets (with the skin on)
- 10 ml olive oil
- 600 g new potatoes (washed)
- 4 scallions (trimmed and chopped)
- 225 g fresh samphire (washed)
- 100 ml cream
- 2 tblsp horseradish sauce
- salt and pepper to season
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for about 10-15 minutes until soft. Peel and crush with a fork. Stir in the scallions and mix together. Season with salt pepper and a little olive oil.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add the samphire and cook for about one minute. Drain and refresh under cold water to stop them cooking and help set the colour and strain.
- Over a medium heat, reduce the cream by half in a saucepan and stir in the horseradish sauce.
- When ready to serve, season the cod with salt and pepper and rub a little olive oil into the fish. Grill on an ovenproof tray for 8-10 minutes and turn halfway through cooking.
- To serve, arrange the crushed potatoes in the centre of the plate and place the fish on top. Drizzle the fish with some horseradish cream and serve immediately.
More by Sarah Newman:
- Sarah Newman's Fillet of Beef
- Mushroom Filled Ravioli Parcels with White Wine Foam
- Pan Fried Prawns with Dressed Baby leaves and Crispy Ciabatta bread