A delicious dessert from The Restaurant's Fintan O'Toole.
- 110 g raspberries
- 1 lemon (zest only)
- 80 g caster sugar
- 125 ml dry sherry
- 4 tblsp brandy
- 250 ml double cream
- 1 – 2 tbsp of caster sugar
- for the madeleines:
- 75 g caster sugar
- 2 large free range eggs
- 100 g self-raising flour (sifted)
- 0.5 vanilla pod (seeds only)
- 1 orange (juiced and zest)
- 90 g unsalted butter
- In a saucepan, heat the raspberries gently with some sugar for a couple of minutes. Then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Place the lemon zest and 4 tablespoons of the strained raspberry juices, in a mixing bowl. Stir in the caster sugar, the sherry and the brandy. Add the cream and beat well. Place some of the raspberries at the bottom of a stemmed glass, spoon over the syllabub and chill in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- To make the madeleines grease and flour the madeleine tins. Whisk the caster sugar and eggs until the mixture is thick and light in colour. Gently fold in flour, vanilla seeds and orange juice and zest. Cover the mixture with Clingfim and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Fill each madeleine tin with the mixture and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove and leave to cool. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
- Serve each syllabub with some warm madeleines.