Try Oliver Dunne's tasty fish dish.
- 4 plaice fillets
- 1 large onion (diced small)
- 20 g butter
- 1 splash white wine
- 1/2pt fish stock
- 1 bag frozen petit pois
- 1 bunch mint
- 125 g crème fraiche
- 1 baby gem lettuce
- 100 g smoked bacon lardons
- Sweat the onions in the butter for 1 minute add the white wine and reduce until its nearly evaporated, add the fish stock and continue to boil until it is reduced by half.
- In a separate pan fry off the bacon lardons until golden brown and strain off excess fat.
- Add the lardons to the reduced fish stock. Heat up a large frying pan and cook the Plaice fillets 1-2 minutes either side.
- Put some off the peas into the fish stock and cook for 1 more minute then add the crème fraiche, some chopped mint to taste and finally some of the sliced Baby gem lettuce.
- Season with some salt and lemon juice and serve the plaice on top.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Who are ya' Coddle-in'? St Patrick('s Day dins)
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote
- Pan Fried Plaice with Peas, Horseradish and Smoked Bacon