Very quick and very moreish.
- for the crumble:
- 25 g peanuts
- 25 g hazelnut
- 30 g butter
- 50 g sugar
- 35 g flour
- for the filling:
- granny smith
- 10 g sugar
- 0.5 vanilla pod
- small tub crème fraiche
- passion fruit
- 500 g mixed soft fruit (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, kiwis, clementines etc)
- Firstly blend the nuts in a small food processor and add the rest of the crumble ingredients.
- Pour the mix onto a tray and bake at 220°C for 5 minutes turning occasionally.
- Grate the Granny Smith, scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod and place in a small pot with 10g sugar and 1tbs water. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes until soft, then blend until smooth.
- Spoon the apple mixture into the bottom of each serving dish.
- Cut the desired fruit up into bite-sized peaces and arrange on top off the puree.
- At this point a little of the crumble should be sprinkled over the top and each dish should be placed under a hot grill for 1-2 minutes so the fruit warms up.
- Lastly cut the passion fruit in half and mix the seeds with the crème fraiche and spoon on to the top when serving.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Crêpe Souffle with Chocolate & Cranberry
- Who are ya' Coddle-in'? St Patrick('s Day dins)
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote