Try chef and restauranteur Martin Shanahan's tasty and healthy dish.
- 2 (200g each) fillets of fresh haddock
- 1 small head of savoy cabbage
- 1 small white onion(finely chopped)
- 20 g butter
- salt and pepper to season
- tomato salsa:
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- 1 handful leaf coriander
- juice of ½ a lime
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- pinch salt
- lemon butter sauce:
- 275 ml cream
- 80 g butter
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and white pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Cook over a moderately high heat until it reduces to a thick sauce.
- Fillet a whole haddock. Skin, bone a portion. Heat a pan for savoy cabbage with a little drop of water, cook for 3-4 minutes, all the water should be evaporated.
- Add a knob of butter and then season. While the cabbage is cooking, heat the pan for frying the fish, place the 2 filllets of haddock into a pan once hot, and cook for 2 minutes each side.
- While the fish and cabbage are cooking, prepare the lemon sauce as described.
- To plate, place the cabbage on the base of a white plate, place our haddock on top, drizzle a little lemon butter sauce over, and garnish with a little tomato salsa
- Tomato Salsa - Method
- Slice the tomatoes in half horizontally and remove seeds.
- Finely dice the flesh of the tomato. Dice the shallot and shred the coriander. Place all the ingredients in a bowel and stir gently to combine.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.