To serve, divide the guinea fowl and vegetables into four serving dishes and drizzle generously with the thickened sauce.
- 1 guinea fowl (cut into 8 portions)
- 1 tblsp oil
- 4 rooster potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- 4 carrots (peeled and cut into large chunks)
- 4 parsnips (peeled and cut into large chunks)
- 2 onions (peeled and quartered)
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 0.5 bottle red wine
- 1 tblsp plain flour
- salt and pepper, to season
- Pre-heat oven to 120ºC.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the guinea fowl on all sides. Transfer the meat to a casserole dish. Add the potatoes, carrots, parsnips, onions, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, garlic and pour in the red wine. Season with salt and pepper and cover the pot with tin foil and secure with a lid.
- Bake the stew in the pre-heated oven for at least 1 hour. Then remove the meat and vegetables with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Place the casserole dish over a high heat and sprinkle in the flour. Whisk constantly until the sauce thickens.
- To serve, divide the guinea fowl and vegetables into four serving dishes and drizzle generously with the thickened sauce. Serve immediately.
More by Daithí Ó Sé:
- Car manufacturers to introduce centre airbags
- Dáithí's Chocolate Biscuit Cake
- Crabmeat Stuffed Chicken with Lobster and Brandy Sauce