Take care making these as very hot steam may rise.
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cups glocuse syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow food colouring
- 1 tsp powdered citrus acid ( available in chemists)
- 1 packet of sherbets
- In a large heavybased saucepan mix together sugar, glocuse syrup and water.
- Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring mixture to the boil without stirring. When syrup temperature reaches 260°F add the colour. Do not stir.
- Boiling action will incorporate the colour into the syrup. At 300°F remove from heat, when boiling action stops add in the flavouring, citrus acid and stir.
- Take great care doing this as very hot steam may rise.
- In a small, 12-hole silicone mould sprinkle the sherbert. Carefully pour in the syrup. Allow the set slightly then put in a lollipop stick then remove when completely cold.
More by Louise Lennox:
- Saturday Brunch: American Style Pancakes
- Hot Cross Buns time
- Something for the weekend: Irish Breakfast Scones