A delicious dessert, perfect for dinner party
- banoffi topping:
- 2 bananas
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g unsalted butter
- cheese cake centre:
- 100 ml cream
- 400 g cream cheese
- 50 g icing sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- chocolate base
- 75 g dark chocolate
- 180 g crunched cornflakes
- Banoffi Topping:
- Heat a non stick frying pan and add the caster sugar. Continue to heat until the sugar caramelizes.
- Now add the butter and mix well. Peel and half the bananas length ways and half again side ways.
- Add the bananas to the Carmel and turn quickly over the heat for just 2-3 minutes.
- Cheesecake Centre:
- In a mixing bowl add the cheese, pouring cream, sugar and seeds from the vanilla pod. Whisk gently until all the ingredients have been mixed but be gentle enough to avoid softening the cheese too much.
- Chocolate Base:
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl and add the crushed cornflakes. Mix well until all the cornflakes are covered in chocolate.
- To Serve - Use a ring to present this dish on a plate or alternatively layer in a glass. Begin by pudding the corn flake and chocolate in first and firming it down with a spoon. Now add a few spoons of the cheese cake filling. Remove the ring and place 2 pieces of the caramelized banana on top. Now spoon plenty of the caramel around the plate and over the top. Enjoy!
More by Richie Wilson:
- Barbequed Leg Of Lamb with Rosemary Marinade and Granny's Potatoes with Summer Salad
- Burger and Chips
- Hot Chocolate Fondant - Lemon And White Chocolate Mini Eggs In Orange Caramel Sauce